Ministry Of Care and Companionship
Over the last two weeks we’ve heard about Stewardship as part of a five week preaching series. The Ministry Of Care and Companionship encompasses several elements of Stewardship. It also emphasizes the SERVE step of our Discipleship Pathway. This ministry offers a continuum of serving our parishioners who are homebound:
- bringing the Eucharist to homebound parishioners who are unable to attend Mass as well as conducting Communion services at our nursing homes (Eucharistic Ministry);
- visiting homebound / long-term care residents (Visiting Ministry);
- journeying with and supporting individuals who are nearing end of life (Pastoral Palliative Care Ministry);
- supporting families in planning and organizing funeral services for their loved one, and keeping in touch with them afterwards (Consolation Ministry);
- providing grief support on an ongoing basis for those who have lost someone dear to them. (Grief Support Ministry).
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to SERVE others.” 1 Peter 4:10
For more information, please contact the parish office and you will receive a call from the ministry volunteer coordinator. Also, there will be handouts available after masses in the coming weeks, and more information about training opportunities in next week’s First Five.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) Serving at Masses
EMHC are ‘extraordinary’ ministers because the ‘ordinary’ ministers are the ordained; bishops, priests or deacons. Do you have a devotion to, and a reverence for the Eucharist? Are you humbled by the privilege of assisting in distributing communion to your fellow parishioners? If so, the ministry of EMHC might be well suited to you and your gifts. If you feel God might be calling you to serve the parish in this ministry please contact the front office (email@example.com or calling 902-865-2112) by November 10, for further information.
Note of Thanks
Metanoia Youth Ministry would like to extend a huge thank you to our Knights of Columbus Council for their continued support for youth programming at Holy Trinity Parish. On October 22 they prepared a BBQ for our Youth Group, and this past weekend they completely supplied, prepared, and served dinner to the traveling NET Team and retreat participants. Thank you so much for all that you continue to do for our Youth Ministry Program! To learn about upcoming youth events view the Metanoia Minute HERE.
Catholic Women’s League Penny Auction
- Date: Monday, November 13, 2023
- Time: Doors open at 6:00 pm rain or shine; maximum occupancy 200; Viewing of auction items and purchasing of tickets from 6:00 to 7:00pm. Auction will begin at 7:00.
- Cost: $1.00 for each packet of 100 tickets (all the same number).
- What you can expect: Door Prize, Bake Table, 50/50 & Canteen and, of course, the Penny Auction Table
*Note: No “New to You” table this year! Parishioners wishing to donate NEW prizes (purchased or handmade) to the auction may place items in the box on the shelf beside the elevator labeled ‘Penny Auction’. Minimum value for the auction table is $15. Donations to the bake table may be brought in the morning of November 13. We hope you will mark your calendar and join us for an evening of fun. All proceeds support activities carried out by the CWL in the parish and community. We thank you for your support!
Looking for Donated Household Items
One of our Emergency Shelter Occupants will be moving to an apartment next week! We are looking for household items and furniture to be donated. Some examples are: coffee table, end tables, kitchenware (toaster oven, pans, crock pot, kitchen chairs, canned goods), bookcase and bedding. Donated items can be brought to the church Wednesday, Nov 1 to Friday Nov. 3 from 9am to noon. After weekend Masses, items can be placed in the area near the elevator labeled: Emergency Shelter Resident. If you are donating something, especially a larger item, please let the church office know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 902-865-2112.
Things to Remember
- Prayers Requested: The Alpha Weekend is this Friday and Saturday! Please pray for all in attendance! May the Holy Spirit move hearts and provide opportunities of Encounter!
- The Book of Remembrance: The Book of Remembrance is now on display in the church (near the baptismal font). All are welcome to record the names of loved ones who have died. November is dedicated to praying for those who have gone before us.
- All Souls Mass: On All Souls Day, Thursday, November 2nd, we will celebrate Mass for All Souls at 7pm. Everyone is welcome to attend, either to support those who have held funerals in the parish over the past year, or to pray for deceased loved ones. For those with friends or family members who might like to join us virtually, we are streaming the event live to our Holy Trinity Parish Youtube channel found HERE.
- 2023-2024 Missals: Missals will be available in the foyer beginning this weekend! The suggested donation is $5.00 each.
- Daylight Savings Time: A Friendly reminder that on Sunday Nov 5, 2023 we get an extra hour of sleep as Daylight Savings Time ends and clocks go back an hour.