Advent Reconciliation Times
We are offering additional times for the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Advent. We have invited additional priests to come hear confessions on Thursday, December 14, 7:00-8:30 pm and Saturday, December 16, 10:30-12:00pm. Come and experience the mercy and grace of this sacrament. Here’s a guided examination of conscience that might be of use. There will also be paper copies of an examination of conscience available in the church foyer.
New Years Eve Rosary and Holy Hour
Join us in welcoming the new year through prayer at Holy Trinity Parish from 10:00pm to 11:00pm. Doors open at 9:30pm. Our prayers will focus on seeking peace for the world, our parish, and our families.
Children’s Nativity Play
You are invited to come enjoy the Children’s Nativity Play taking place in our church hall on Saturday, December 16, at 1:00 pm. Take some time to listen to the Christmas story as told and acted by the children of our parish. We are still looking for some more elementary aged children to participate in the play. It’s not too late. Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and rehearsal times.
Ways to Give during Advent
There is still time to give to the St. Vincent de Paul’s Be an Angel Campaign (members will be in the foyer this weekend after mass) and make donations of personal items for inpatients for the Fr. Eric Teriault’s Christmas Gift Ministry (box in foyer under coat rack). Thank you for your generosity!
Visit our Holy Trinity website by clicking HERE! We recently launched a refreshed appearance for our webpage.
Are you new at Holy Trinity Parish?
We would like to invite you to fill out one of our connection cards either ONLINE or in the foyer of the main church.
This will help us to get to know you better!
News from the Archdiocese
- Archdiocesan Mission Collection: This year, the Archdiocesan Mission Collection, on December 2/3 & 9/10, will be undertaken primarily to support the Emergency Shelters project and the great need in our communities experiencing food insecurity, poverty, and homelessness. These funds provide for the shelters, access to personal care items and necessities, and virtual counseling. This program also helps shelter occupants to find long-term housing and employment. You can donate by:
- – Giving online at our website: www.halifaxyarmouth.org
- – Credit card by calling (902) 429-9800 ext. 125
- Dropping your envelope in the collection at your local parish church
- Setting up a monthly Pre-Authorized Remittance by calling (902) 429-9800 ext. 309
- Sending an E-Transfer to email@example.com-In the memo please write “Mission 2023”
Note: The wrong material was mailed out regarding the diocesan Mission Collection campaign which started this past weekend. Halifax-Yarmouth Archdiocese apologizes for the confusion this may have caused.
- Class Action-Claims Period: The Claims period of the class action suit filed against the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth runs from December 14, 2022 until December 14, 2023.Individuals who wish to make a claim to receive settlement benefits have 12 months in which they can make a formal claim. See notice here. The Claims period of the class action suit filed against the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth runs from December 14, 2022 until December 14, 2023. Individuals who wish to make a claim to receive settlement benefits have 12 months in which they can make a formal claim. For more information on this suit visit www.halifaxyarmouth.org/classaction.
- National Day of Prayer in Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples: December 12, the Feast of our Lady of Guadalupe, is recognized nationally as The National Day of Prayer in Solidarity with Indigenous Peoples. To highlight this day, the Canadian Bishops invite the faithful to pray in the words offered by Pope Francis at Lac Ste Anne during his Penitential Pilgrimage to Canada in 2022. You can find this prayer by clicking here.