Journey with us this Advent
- Website Resources: As we head into Advent, we invite you to visit the Advent/Christmas page on our Holy Trinity website by clicking HERE where you can find lots of resources to help you prayerfully prepare the way of the Lord.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: In addition to our weekly scheduled times for confession (Fridays from 8:30 – 8:50am and Saturdays from 3:30 – 4:15pm), we have invited some additional priests to come hear confessions this Advent on Thursday, December 14 from 7:00 – 8:30pm and Saturday, December 16 from 10:30 – 12:00pm. We will also be offering confessions on the Friday’s of Advent after the 9:00am mass. Come and experience the mercy and grace of this sacrament. Here’s a guided examination of conscience that might be of use.
- Advent Wreath Making: It’s not too late to sign up! Join us this Saturday, December 2, 2023from 1:00 – 3:00pm in the church hall.Please register in advance contact Ernie at email@example.com or add your name to the sign up sheet in the church foyer. All supplies will be provided.
- Children’s Christmas Nativity Play: Calling all children, preschoolers through grade 6, to be part of our Children’s Christmas Nativity Play! Older siblings are welcome as helpers too. There are a variety of roles available, with options for speaking or non-speaking parts. Join us for an interest meeting this Sunday, December 3, 2023, at 1:00pm in the church. For further details, feel free to reach out to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Keep Christ in Christmas” Walk: Join us for the “Keep Christ in Christmas” walk with the Knights of Columbus this Sunday, December 3. We’ll depart from the Knox United parking lot at 2:00pm after a special blessing. Let’s sing Christmas Carols together, spreading the warmth of the season and keeping Christ in Christmas. Our journey will take us to Holy Trinity Parish, where we’ll wrap up the walk at 2:30pm with a Gospel reading at the manger scene in our parish parking lot. All are warmly invited to share in this festive experience. See you there!
- Be an Angel: Starting on Saturday, December 2nd, our Society of Saint Vincent de Paul invites you to be an Angel to people in our community who are struggling with emergencies throughout the entire year. With the kind donations provided by our parishioners, they help with the basics like power, water, rent, and medications which have to be paid even when a person is ill or loses their job. Their members will be in the church foyer after each weekend Mass up until Christmas to answer questions and accept donations. Envelopes are available and tax receipts will be provided for donations of $10 or more. Thanks for helping them help those in need.
Ministry of Care and Companionship
On Sunday afternoon, December 3 from 2:00 – 4:30pm the Ministry of Care and Companionship will be holding its annual FALL GATHERING in the parish hall. The theme is ‘TO SERVE’. All members and anyone wishing to learn more about this ministry are encouraged to attend. To register, please use the sign-up sheet in the church foyer.
On Sunday evening, December 3 from 6:00 – 8:00pm, Metanoia Youth Ministry will be having their first Community Night of the year. Teens are invited to come and hang out and enjoy snacks and games in the hall. Wondering what else is happening with Metanoia Youth Ministry at HTP? Check out their Youth Newsletter here for more information.
Fr. Eric Theriault Christmas Gift Ministry
This Mental Health & Addictions Program is accepting donations of personal items for inpatients and residents at a variety of hospitals and outreach programs. More details are available in the green handout in the foyer. Date: Nov. 22 – Dec.13; Location: Drop off Box Holy Trinity Parish Foyer
News from the Archdiocese:
- Archdiocesan Mission Collection: This year, the Archdiocesan Mission Collection, on December 2/3 & 9/10, will be undertaken primarily to support the Emergency Shelters project and the great need in our communities experiencing food insecurity, poverty, and homelessness. These funds provide for the shelters, access to personal care items and necessities, and virtual counseling. This program also helps shelter occupants to find long-term housing and employment. You can donate by:
- – Giving online at our website: www.halifaxyarmouth.org
- – Credit card by calling (902) 429-9800 ext. 125
- Dropping your envelope in the collection at your local parish church
- Setting up a monthly Pre-Authorized Remittance by calling (902) 429-9800 ext. 309
- Sending an E-Transfer to email@example.com-In the memo please write “Mission 2023”
- Note: The wrong material was mailed out regarding the diocesan Mission Collection campaign which started this past weekend.
Halifax-Yarmouth Archdiocese apologizes for the confusion this may have caused.
- Class Action-Claims Period: The Claims period of the class action suit filed against the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth runs from December 14, 2022 until December 14, 2023.Individuals who wish to make a claim to receive settlement benefits have 12 months in which they can make a formal claim. See notice here. The Claims period of the class action suit filed against the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth runs from December 14, 2022 until December 14, 2023. Individuals who wish to make a claim to receive settlement benefits have 12 months in which they can make a formal claim. For more information on this suit visit www.halifaxyarmouth.org/classaction.