What Can I Expect?
We’re so glad you’re here! If you’re new to the parish, to the Catholic faith or if you’re just stopping by our website out of curiosity, welcome! We’d love to meet you. On this page, you can find answers to some questions you might have about what you can expect to find at Holy Trinity Parish.
The following questions will be addressed below:
- Where should I go when I get there?
- What can I expect at Mass?
- What do you do for kids during Mass?
- I don’t think I’m ready to go to Mass, is there anything else I can attend?
- What else do I need to know?
Where should I go when I get there?
For all of our three church locations you can park in the parking lot and come right to the front door! You are welcome to any seat in the church! The words of the songs and mass responses will be on the screen for your convenience. If you have questions about washrooms feel free to ask anyone standing in the foyer.
What can I expect at Mass?
We’re Catholic, so if you have been to Mass before you will recognize the liturgy and prayers. However, we do things a bit differently than you may be used to at a Catholic Mass.
- We use both contemporary worship music (songs you might hear on the radio) as well as traditional hymns. You’ll notice we spend time singing and praising God. You’re welcome to join in joyfully, participate quietly or simply experience it reflectively.
- After the final blessing we pray the St Michael Prayer (which will be displayed on our screens for your convenience).
- Our masses usually run about 60-80 minutes long because our clergy give challenging and inspiring homilies each week. If you’d like to get a sense of the powerful preaching you will hear at Holy Trinity, you can listen to homilies from past Sunday Masses HERE.
What do you do for kids during Mass?
You are more than welcome to bring your children to Mass! At our Sunday 10am Mass, children are welcome to attend JAM, “Jesus and Me”, for ages 4-10 years – a “Children’s Church”. Children are called forth at the beginning Mass, blessed and sent forth to a meeting room where they will continue to learn about Jesus and His great love for us. Children will rejoin their family in the Worship area for the second part of Mass.
No registration is needed and it’s available every Sunday. For more information about JAM click HERE.
I don’t think I’m ready to go to Mass. Is there something else I could attend?
Absolutely! If you have any questions about life and Christianity (and want a free meal!), Alpha is for you! You can check out Alpha HERE.
If you want to check out a mass without physically attending join us on Livestream at 10am AST Sunday Morning.
If you have a family and are looking for a program to do together, Ignite is for you! Ignite is our family program that brings together children, their parents, even grandparents in a supportive atmosphere of sharing faith relevant to families today. For more information click HERE.
What else do I need to know?
Everyone is welcome! No matter what you believe or where you have come from, we’d love for you to join us. We’re here for you! If you have any questions before your visit you can contact us HERE.