March for Life
The Nova Scotia March for Life is being held on Saturday, May 20, with mass at 12:15pm at St. Mary’s Basilica. Afterwards, from 1-2pm, there will be a march to Province House to pray for the preborn. Signs are provided on location. For more information contact: Ruth Robert, Atlantic Region Coordinator, Campaign Life Coalition (CLC): (902) 410-3040 or Ed Mullen, CLC NS President at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at (902) 452-1497.
Knights of Columbus News
- Council 7077 will hold a lobster dinner at the Holy Trinity Parish hall on May 28 from 4-6pm. Cost $25.00 per ticket, substitute ham for $15.00. Eat-in or take-out. Advance tickets only. Call or text Steve at (902) 456-7744.
- The Knights of Columbus has made a monetary donation to Birthright Halifax on behalf of all mothers at Holy Trinity Parish. Happy Mothers Day!
- Our Parish CWL is sponsoring a fund-raising raffle on a Mother’s Day gift basket to be drawn on Sunday, May 14. Tickets can be purchased directly from CWL members and will be available at weekend Masses, May 13 and 14. All proceeds support parish and community initiatives.
- The CWL is sponsoring the Birthright campaign on the weekends of May 6/7 and May 13/14. Birthright is an organization dedicated to providing love, friendship and support to women who are dealing with the challenges of unplanned pregnancy. A baby shower cradle will be available in the church foyer for donations of baby items which will in turn be delivered to Birthright Halifax. We are grateful and look forward to our parish’s continued support for this initiative.
- May 14 is the deadline for Grade 12 students who are members of the parish to submit their application for the CWL $500 bursary towards entrance to a post secondary institution. Applications can be found online at email@example.com or directly from the parish office.
- The next General Meeting of the CWL will be held on Tuesday, May 16. All women in the parish are welcome to attend and learn about the role of our CWL in our parish.
Open Door Baby Bottle Fundraiser
Open Door Centre provides a safe place for youth who experience an unplanned pregnancy. We provide judgment free support as they make critical life choices. On Mother’s Day we invite you to pick up a baby bottle and fill it generously to support youth who are in crisis. Bring the bottle back with your donation inside on Father’s Day. Your gift is tax deductible. We are so thankful for your partnership with us! To find out more about Open Door visit pregnancypathways.com.
Archdiocese Feast Day
The Archdiocese is in the process of seeking permission from Rome to change the patronal feast of the Archdiocese from the Feast of the Assumption (August 15) to the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (December 8).This change is recommended because August 15 is a special day for the Acadians and they are involved in other festivities. As well December 8 is the date of the establishment of the new merged Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth. The clergy have agreed with this change and this announcement is a way to consult all parishioners to see if you have any comments on this change.
Join Our Parish Email!
Join our mailing list to hear about all the exciting events and news from Holy Trinity Parish.
Our dream for Holy Trinity parish is that we become explosively alive in the Holy Spirit, strengthened in community and that we transform the world for Jesus.