Finance Council Membership Update
We want to thank Christine Spears and Cecelia MacLellan for their service on our Finance Council. Additionally, we want to thank Christine for serving as chair. Their presence and contributions will be missed. We also want to welcome our new members Madelane Chiasson, Patrick Matthews, and Maria Sardovia. Thank you for your willingness to serve our parish in this capacity. Finally, Stephen McDonald is now acting chair and will continue in this role until the end of the pastoral year in June.
We are looking for more individuals to serve as Altar Servers within our Parish, and we have a special need for High School aged youth and adults to serve in this important ministry. Altar serving is a wonderful opportunity for people to actively participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. It is more than helping the Priest at the Altar, Altar Servers are brought closer to the mystery of the Eucharist and help the faithful to pray.
Warming Centre Update
As Deacon Rod shared in his homily this past weekend, the former Saint Elizabeth Seton church site continues to provide for those in need in our community. Beacon House is managing the operations of the warming centre and shelter , providing up to thirty beds, warm meals each evening. Additionally, two more micro shelters are being added on the property to provide stable housing for 6 guests as they work toward attaining permanent housing. Please continue to pray for those who make use of the centre and for those who provide care and service for our neighbours in need.
Lay Associates of the Companions of the Cross
The Lay Associates of the Companions of the Cross are gathering with Fr Rob Arsenault on Saturday February 11th from 9 am to 12:30 pm. The theme of our morning is our spirituality and prayer. We will start with mass at 9 am followed by prayer; small group reflection and large group discussion . We end with fellowship over a potluck meal. This event will take place at St John Vianney Church, Holy Trinity Parish. Everyone is welcome (you do not need to be a Lay Associate). Please email us at email@example.com if you plan to attend.
Lent 2023 – Come Pray With Us
- Ash Wednesday is fast approaching! On Wednesday February 22 we will have three Masses at 9am, 4:30pm and 7pm with distribution of ashes. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information about Lent to appear on our website!
- Lenten Retreat: Join the Archdiocesan Service Team of Halifax-Yarmouth from February 24-26 for an inspirational weekend at the Between The Hearts Renewal Centre in Amherst. Friday February 24th at 7pm to Sunday February 26th at 11:30am. Registration is $50 including meals and snacks. Accommodation is an additional $60 (Limited space available). To register call Ethel 902-449-5048 or send her an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit betweenthehearts.ca for more information.
- Weekday Rosary: Tuesday-Friday 8:30am in the Chapel.
- Daily Mass: Tuesday-Friday at 9:00am.
- Weekday Eucharistic Adoration: Wednesdays and Fridays immediately following Mass until 10:30am.
- Hearts on Fire Prayer Group: Wednesdays 7pm.
- Weekday Prayers for Healing: Thursdays 9:30 in the Main Church (Personal prayer with a prayer team where privacy is assured).
- Weekly Reconciliation: Offered before Mass on Friday mornings from 8:30-8:50 am and Saturday afternoons from 3:30-4:15 pm.
- Stay tuned for a Lenten special announcement in next week’s First 5!