Title Part Time Receptionist (approx. 18 hours/week)
Accountability The Receptionist is directly accountable to the Director of Operations or designate
Summary Operating with a high degree of hospitality, the receptionist is responsible for the overall front office and reception functions with the Pastoral Unit ensuring consistency with the mission, vision, and goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets visitors to the Parish and where necessary directs them to the person they wish or handle their inquiry.
- Promotes the Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit in a welcoming positive way.
- Answers the Parish telephones and responds to all office emails as required and directs requests to appropriate resource.
- Ensure emergency calls from Parishioners for such conditions as serious illness or death are handled immediately by the pastor or his designate in case of his absence.
- Preparation of Sunday bulletin, Prayers of the Faithful and Animator Sheets.
- Handling all church correspondence and administrative tasks for ministries.
- Maintains all church records including Mass Intentions, Baptisms, Weddings, First Communion, and Confirmation as well as all notifications for other parishes.
- Maintain a filing system for all parish records.
- Drop off bulletins weekly to St. Elizabeth Seton and check on office there.
- Picks up mail for both the Vianney and Seton mailboxes.
- Coordinates with Ministry leads such as Baptism Prep, Marriage Prep, and Funeral Ministry to ensure requests are handles appropriately.
- Maintains all Archdiocese reports.
- Orders all liturgical supplies, and publications, as requested by the sacristans or Pastor.
- Handles all merchandise sales ie, liturgical missals, books, and religious items ensuring sufficient inventory and handling all funds.
- Passionate for parish renewal, participates actively in worship, and is committed to their own relationship with Christ.
- An Office Administration diploma or equivalent would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a receptionist role.
- Ability to work within a team and receive direction and feedback.
- Demonstrated above average written and oral communication skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentially and hospitality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize and work well in a multi task environment and as part of a team.
- High regard for quality and attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook and Google.
- Creative in solving problems
- Professional, friendly and supportive personality with excellent communication skills with both internal and external contacts.
The Receptionist has considerable scope for warm hospitality and creativity in all aspects of the job, within the context of Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit and Archdiocesan objectives. He/she has considerable contact with Parishioners, visitors to the Pastoral Unit, local residents, visiting priests, volunteers and ministers, and individuals from the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees are held to a different and, many times, higher standard of conduct. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with, and supportive of, the mission and purpose of the Church.
If you bring these types of skills, experience and qualifications and are interested in working in a busy, faith filled environment please send your resume, along with a cover letter and 2 professional references to:
NOTE: This opportunity will remain open until July 31st, 2018. The successful candidate will be asked to provide a Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search and proof of education. All applications will be acknowledged.