Title Coordinator of Ministries
Accountability The Ministry Coordinator is directly accountable to the Pastor or designate
Summary The Coordinator of Ministries is an integral part of the Pastoral Team, embracing the mission of the Church and Holy Trinity Pastoral Unit. You will work closely with the Pastor and Associate Pastor in coordinating and assessing the pastoral needs of ministries and are responsible for sharing and integrating the vision through formation, service, and leadership development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead from a position of vision that is aligned with Holy Trinity and communicate that vision to the rest of the ministries and church.
- To maintain an overall perspective of the pastoral ministries.
- Identify, raise up and develop leaders for ministries.
- To create a portfolio of each ministry which would include:
- Ministry Title and Leader and accountability
- Role Description of Ministry Leaders
- Determining how ministry connects and contributes to the parish mission
- Succession plan of ministry which includes recruitment, formation, guidance, care for their ministry team
- Assessing the needs of the ministry
- Manage ministry budgets and administration.
- Responsible for overseeing the ministry calendar.
- To engage and assist newly discipled parishioners in discovering and using their gifts to help further the mission of the parish.
- To compile and maintain a publication describing each ministry for the parish.
- Responsibility for the development and leading of:
- Baptism and Marriage Sacramental Programs,
- Service Groups,
- Ministry of Consolation (including funerals, grief support, divorce/remarried ministry),
- Ministry of Care & Companionship
- Ministry to the poor (through St. Vincent de Paul & Beacon House)
- International Missions,
- Ministries of Healing & Deliverance
- Work in cooperation with the Coordinator of Discipleship the Coordinator of Evangelization & Community, and the Coordinator Worship as applicable, to ensure unity in all ministries in the church.
- Display and maintain an active spiritual life rooted in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, committed to personal prayer, and church attendance and having a passion for parish renewal.
- Demonstrates above average written and oral communication skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and hospitality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize and work well in a multi task environment and as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook, Google and other social media forums.
- Has a heart for servant leadership – we lead by serving others.
- Has the ability to connect, build and nurture of a broad range of relationships.
- Desires to contribute to, and be part, a fun filled engaging work environment
- Ability to work within a team and receive feedback and direction.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees are held to a different and, many times, higher standard of conduct. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with, and supportive of, the mission and purpose of the Church.